Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Entering Anchorage with a Wobble

The flight in was... interesting. I was seated next to two very large men who snored and snorted the whole 6 hour flight, but luckily didn't smell. And one was even intently reading Going Rogue. ech. At least we had a tail wind, so the flight was 6 instead of 7 hours, but the weather proved to maybe not so much be our friend when it tossed us around like a tin can during descent (including one of those 5-10 second nose dives I love so much). Nauseated and stiff I stumbled off the plane and immediately into a News store for Rolaids and Advil.
But I'm here now! And I can hear dogs and see mountains from my hotel window! I haven't checked the weather or been outside yet today, but it looks like there's plenty of snow, too!
I suppose now would be the time to talk about expectations, huh... Well I've heard people say that being involved with the Iditarod changed them forever; it made mushers out of some, vets, and chronic volunteers out of others. I can't say I'm expecting my life to be changed, but I can definitely say I'm expecting to miss this very much when I leave. And maybe it will change me. Maybe I'll get my OT degree and start a mushing camp for kids with disabilities. Just hafta wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment